Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Why is the StavePress better for working wood than my shop vise and shave horse?
1. StavePress will not damage or mar the woodgrain of the workpiece because of the large padded pressure plates.
2. The StavePress’ upper tilting pressure plate conforms to the over-all shape of your workpiece.
3. Stavepress takes up no floor space.
4. StavePress can be portable or permanently placed. Using C-clamps to hold the StavePress base to a sturdy bench or table allows you to move it to different locations, and being portable allows you to remove it quickly from your workbench, freeing up space when it is not being used. The StavePress can be permanently mounted to your workbench with the supplied bolts and nuts.
5. The vertical pressure design of the StavePress, allows the user to bear down hard on the workpiece. If a similar bearing down pressure is applied to a long piece of wood held in a shop vise, the result would be a prying out of the wood from the jaws of the vise. This will crush and mar the woodgrain, not to mention frustrate the user!